Wednesday 8 January 2020

WWC253 - Karen's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Feminine Twist

Oh my!  It's a brand new year!  Time has flown by, hasn't it?  Last time I was here, I was getting ready for Christmas.  Welcome back to our challenge and to my blog. 

A new year brings changes.  One positive change in my life is that I've chosen to leave Stampin' Up!  It was time.  There is so much to explore in the world of art and crafting, and I couldn't do that fairly while tethered to a company.  Mind you, that doesn't mean you won't see some of SU!'s terrific products here.  I bought them and I'm using them.  Why not, right?


If you've seen the new Mini Catalogue from Stampin' Up! then you'll have seen the sweet Grace's Garden stamp set.  It comes as a bundle but I chose to buy only the stamp set.  I know myself and I would not have used the dies very much.  You can see from the details of my card that it is, for the most part, simply stamping and watercolouring.  I've masked the hollyhocks before stamping the gate, but I've kept the masks I fussy-cut for future use.  The little cat?  Yes, I've fussy cut it as well.  But I prefer the lack of white border and so I probably would have felt compelled to cut that away if I had the die--a waste of effort, really, but I love clean lines.

If you look carefully at the watercoloured sky, you will see that I've used some 3-D gloss gel to stencil in clouds.  They're subtle but they show up better in person, as does so much that we create.


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've linked this card up to the following challenges:

Tuesday Throwdown TT448 - Something New (the stamp sets from the new catalog)

Dream Valley Challenges #216 -Something New (stamps and 3-D gloss gel)

3 comments:

  1. This is pretty enough to be framed, Heidi! It's a wonderful spring design to take us out of the wintry doldrums!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, Heidi! I saw this image somewhere else but didn't know exactly what it looked like! I love an image that is a bit different! You have created a lovely calming scene! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this gorgeous card! Such a pretty stamp, but you've really brought it to life. :-)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.