Wednesday 29 January 2020

WWC256 - Kath's Challenge: All About Occasions

This week's challenge came along just as I was in the middle of sorting through products which haven't been opened yet (yes, I admit to being one of THOSE people).


During the 2019 Stampin' Up! Sale-a-bration, one of the freebies one could earn was the Precious Parcel Card Kit.  This kit could be used for a variety of different occasions but with Valentine's Day looming closer and closer, I decided that it would be perfect, especially combined with the fun Music From the Heart stamp set.  Although there was white twine included with the kit, I chose to use the retired white and red foil twine.


On the tag which fits beautifully into the pocket on the front of the card, I've used the Music From the Heart set for the sentiment as well as that single musical note.  I love the way the kit included the small copper coloured paper clips as well as the little pre-stamped, pre-cut "postage stamps".


On the inside of the card, there is a white area onto which I'll happily write my greeting and message to my Valentine.  On the opposite side, I've adhered a pretty heart from a retired set, cut from the gorgeous (but retired) Grapefruit Grove foil sheet.  I love the way the foil picks up so many colours.  In the centre of the heart, I've added a stamped pair of musical notes.


The kit also provides envelopes, which works beautifully since the decoration around the perimeter compliments the same decoration which is around the tag.  I also added three Grapefruit Grove foil hearts to the envelope to compliment the three I added to the card.

I love the way it turned out and hope you do, too.


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've linked this card up to the following challenges:


Lemon Shortbread Challenge #112 - Anything Goes

Crafting Happiness Challenge #33 - Anything Goes (Optional Twist "Love")

Crafty Creations Challenge #405 - Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Very cute Heidi! I love pocket cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! Sorry so late for commenting, but life has been a bit tough lately. I want to take a moment today to tell you that you are an awesome artist! Happy International Women’s Day!.
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.