Wednesday 22 January 2020

WWC255 - Marsha's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Masculine Twist

One of my favourites from the Stampin' Up! Mini Catalogue is the Parisian Beauty bundle.  I can think of so many ways to use this lovely set.  With our Watercooler Wednesday Masculine Challenge this week, I decided to use the stamps in conjunction with the retired Traveler stamp set.  I have to say, that's one set I am very glad to have kept.


I decided to create a vintage-look sepia card this time.  The old-fashioned images just seemed to ask for that and I think it worked out very well, don't you?  I used the Heavy Very Vanilla for my base.  Then I cut a slightly smaller panel in Early Espresso and another slightly smaller than that from the retired Share What You Love Specialty DSP.  Before attaching either piece, I used my distressing tool to distress all four sides of each piece.

I cut a narrower piece of Soft Suede and ran that through the Big Shot with the Hammered Metal 3-D embossing folder.  Rummaging through some of my pieces of older, retired DSP, I found some Newsprint and cut three narrow strips, adding those randomly across the layered card.

Finally it was time to begin stamping and, on a piece of Very Vanilla, I first stamped the suitcase from the Traveler set using Soft Suede.  I masked that image and then stamped the globe (also from that set) and the postmark from the Parisian Beauty set.  To finish up, I stamped the sentiment (also from that set) diagonally above the images.

After splattering some Soft Suede ink on the stamped piece, I tore the edges and then used a sponge to add more Soft Suede around the perimeter.

I love the way it turned out and hope you do, too.


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've linked this card up to the following challenges:


Brown Sugar Challenge #297 - January 2020 Anything Goes

Crafty Creations Challenge #405 - Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. I used to make a lot of sepia cards, but haven't done so for ages! They always have a wonderful old world look! The background scraps are a perfect addition, Heidi! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.