Wednesday 15 January 2020

WWC254 - Tristan's Challenge: All About Occasions

I am forever hunting around for Birthday cards.  Yes, I make cards and so technically should never be without cards, right, but it doesn't turn out that way.  It seems as if a lot of the cards I make are for all sorts of other occasions.  This year I intend to make at least one feminine and one masculine birthday card each month and, hopefully, the problem will be solved.


For my last Stampin' Up! order, I included those stamps and dies which I knew I could happily use from the Mini Catalogue.  One such bundle was the Timeless Tropical which has so many images that "speak" to me.  I love the hibiscus flower in particular.  What a beautifully detailed stamp that is, and it has lovely leaves as well as the accompanying dies.  I went online to search out hibiscus blossoms and was blown away by the variety of colours.  I finally settled on the yellow/pink version but am determined to try my hand at some of the other gorgeous colours with future cards.

One thing you'll notice about my card is the layering of patterns.  I didn't want to use any patterned paper but instead turned to some of my current and retired embossing folders.  The background pattern is the debossed side of the Hammered Metal 3-D ef.  After embossing the cardstock, I used a sponge and some Cajun Craze ink to pick up the raised pattern.  I used a second embossing folder, the Stone 3-D ef, for the retired Galvanized Metallic paper.  It has a duller sheen than the silver foil, but I think it compliments the silver embossing in the sentiment perfectly, don't you?


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've linked this card up to the following challenges:


Just Us Girls Challenge #518 - Trend Week: Create Dimension

6 comments:

  1. Love it Heidi! I had to get that SAB bundle just for the Stone EF - it also makes a great little stone cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool! What wonderful layers and textures. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great effects with the different EF Heidi! Hibiscus flowers are always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW ! This is stunning, Heidi ! Love your beautiful design. This hibiscus flower is very eye-catching and your colouring is amazing. Gorgeous dry embossing too to highlight this beauty. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic coloring!! Thanks for joining the ATSM Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.