Wednesday 5 September 2018

WWC186 - Marsha's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge

I'm so glad that our challenge this week is a Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge!  I had an idea for a card which will be perfect for this challenge.


I haven't used any of the gorgeous designer vellum panels from the Graceful Glass Suite for months.  When I came across this panel with those beautiful irises, I knew I had to use it for a card.  And why not add the butterflies and sentiment from the Painted Glass stamp set as well, since they can so easily be cut out with the matching Stained Glass Thinlits dies.

This was a perfect opportunity to use the lovely new colour, Highland Heather.  Not only did I use the cardstock for the mattes, but I also used the colour in my new Stampin' Blends for the vellum and in my Stampin' Markers for the butterfly.  And lest I forget, I dragged a piece of the dainty Polka Dot Tulle ribbon across my stamp pad to change it from white to Highland Heather as well.

Since I didn't want the leave the white area beside the vellum panel plain, I decided to use the Hexagon embossing folder for only half that piece of Whisper White.  It makes a perfect spot for those butterflies to land, doesn't it?


I hope you'll be joining us by linking up your awesome creations before Monday, September 10th at 5 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time.  To see the wonderful creations by our Watercooler Artists, check out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog.

1 comment:

  1. The hexagon embossing sure does provide wonderful spots for the beautiful butterflies to land on. The vellum panel looks so pretty and your card is wonderful. Thank you for the fabulous inspiration x.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.