Tuesday 11 September 2018

ATS&M #309 - CAS

It's time for another Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge.  This time it's all about CAS--an acronym for "clean & simple".

While on the surface a clean & simple (CAS) card should be a "slam dunk", it's not as easy as it seems.  You have to leave a good deal of white or empty space.  You want your card to grab the attention of your viewers with a minimum of detail.  I love making this style of card.  They make me think and plan a lot more than many of the much more detailed cards which I create.

For my card I turned to the Enjoy Life stamp set.


I spotlighted the wonderful sentiment by stamping that pretty Pineapple Punch background using the image from the Love What You Do set.  Then, after the yellow had completely dried, I dusted it over using my "embossing buddy" and stamped the sentiment with Versamark before heat embossing it with Black embossing powder.  I love how well it shows up using that technique.  I decided to keep with primary colours and so stamped the image of the girl using Lovely Lipstick ink and that sweet little butterfly using Blueberry Bushel.  To finish up I added three pale yellow sequins and the card was done.


Check out the awesome creations by the rest of the Design Team and link up your card HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.