Wednesday 19 September 2018

WWC188 - Helen's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge

I just got an awesome die set in the mail and am so happy to use it for my masculine creation this week.  It's from Holland and is called Lighthouse Border by Jeanine's Art.  I thought it was a wonderful complement to the High Tide stamp set.


I began with Watercolour Paper and some Prussian Blue Brusho.  I concentrated most of the Brusho along the lower portion of the paper and worked it upwards with water and a broad brush.  I think the natural Brusho look really creates a stormy sea look, don't you?  While that was drying, I cut the foreground scene from some Basic Black cardstock as well as two birds from the set.  No, not the ones sitting in the foreground.  They're part of the die.  The two flying birds to the left of the scene are die-cut.

Once my Watercolour Paper was dry, I stamped the lighthouse from the High Tide set as well as the flight of birds from the same set.  I made sure there would be lots of room in the centre where I heat embossed the sentiment from the same set using my white embossing powder.

Assembly was easy.  I simply glued the die-cuts to the Watercolour Paper.  Then I mounted the scene to a base of Heavy Whisper White.  I love the results, don't you?


You'll notice that we have our awesome Guest Designer, Sheri Lee, with us this week.  Expect to see her wonderful cards for the next three weeks while Charlotte Ehrukainen is away on health leave.

I hope you'll be joining us by linking up your awesome creations before Monday, September 24th at 5 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time.  To see the wonderful creations by our Watercooler Artists, check out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog.

I've also linked my card up to the following challenges:

Cardz 4 Guys #203 - All At Sea

Crafting By Designs - You're The Man

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic card and design. Thank you for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card Heidi. Love the Lighthouse border die...really perfect with the set for the card! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Heidi, love the silhouetted die cuts. Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous masculine card. Perfect for our challenge. Good luck. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great die cut to complement that classic lighthouse. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.