Wednesday 1 August 2018

WWC181 - Kath's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge

This week Kath Ricks is host for our Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge.  I had a lot of fun creating my card, despite a few set-backs.  I hope you will enjoy it, too.

The set-backs?  Well, I've been house/dog-sitting for the past two weeks and only have a certain amount of paper and stamps with me.  I've gone back home to add to the pile several times, but that still means if I wind up changing course during the creative process, I reach for something I don't happen to have here.  I suppose that just adds to the challenge, right?

I decided to use the Beautiful You stamp set believe I love those images so much.  This time I decided to use the dancer holding hands with a mirror image of the same dancer.  Once I had completed my stamping, I fussy cut the images and then proceeded to colour them.  I had some of the new Stampin' Markers with me as well as my Neutrals collection.  And so my images are all in Poppy Parade and Smoky Slate.  The skin tone is my "go to" Blush Blossom marker.

I glued the dancers onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock cut with a gorgeous Gina Marie Design die and then onto a retired piece of DSP for which I can't recall the name at the moment.   I attached that onto a piece of Poppy Parade and finally onto a base of Basic Black.  To dress up the black, I scattered tiny black and silver sequins.


While it really doesn't look like it in the photo, that gorgeous sentiment is actually heat-embossed using Silver embossing powder.  


I hope you'll joining us by linking up your awesome creations before Monday, August 6th at 5 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time.   To see the wonderful creations by our Watercooler Artists, check out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog.

I've also entered this card in the following challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is amazing! Love how you did the mirror image! Thanks for sharing with Crafty Creations Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. I hope you can join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.