Wednesday 8 August 2018

WWC182 - Tristan's "All About Occasions" Challenge

This week Tristan Dawes is host for our popular "All About Occasions" challenge.  I know that there are a lot of possible occasions that we celebrate throughout the year, but for this one I had to use one of my brand new Art Impressions stamps.  Who can resist these plump chickens?  Especially when one of them is offering a "coop-cake" for your birthday!

I had a lot of fun setting up this card.  Once the worst was over (fussy-cutting those chickens), the card just came together beautifully.  I watercoloured the chickens using my Aqua-Painter and a mix of the following inks:  Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, So Saffron, Mango Melody, Smoky Slate, Gray Granite and Poppy Parade.  For my background I used a wide brush and my Balmy Blue and Crushed Curry inks.




 I wanted seeds scattered across the bottom and found that the sand image from the Magical Mermaid set worked perfectly.


The foil chicken wire?  Who knew I had a die for that?  I plan to use this one a whole lot more!


And, of course, I had to create a fun envelope to go with the card.



I hope you'll be joining us by linking up your awesome creations before Monday, August 13th at 5 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time.  To see the wonderful creations by our Watercooler Artists, check out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Seize the Birthday: Water!  (although I've kept to the "anything goes" theme)

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! I love how you added the foil chicken wire for detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card!! Your coloring is fab!! And I love the matching envelope!! Thanks for playing along with us on Art Impressions Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is wonderful Heidi! From the seeds on the ground to the chicken wire, the background sets off these fun chickens perfectly! Your envelope is so fun with the chicken in the sand! Thanks so much for joining in the Art Impressions Card and Envelope Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.