Wednesday 22 August 2018

WWC184 - Helen's "All About Holidays" Challenge

Oh my goodness!  I received my pre-order from the Holiday Catalogue last Wednesday and the first stamp set which I mounted and used was the Pleasant Pheasant set.  As you know, I love watercolouring and this set just demands some serious colouring.


I kept my card very clean and simple since I wanted all the attention to fall on the wonderful pheasant couple.  Don't the colours just dazzle?  I wound up layering my watercolouring, adjusting the colours just to the point where they looked closest to the real pheasant photos which I had found on the internet.  For the most part, the pheasants are watercolour pencils and Aqua-Brush with a bit of additional coloured ink layered on.  The background grasses, sky and foreground are all Stampin' Up! inks applied with my Aqua-Brush.

As an added bit of embellishment (and I don't do a lot of that), I used three tiny Metallic Pearls.  It's the first time I've used them even though they came out with the Annual Catalogue.  I love the way the gold works with this card, don't you?


I hope you'll be joining us by linking up your awesome creations before Monday, August 27th at 5 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time.  To see the wonderful creations by our Watercooler Artists, check out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog.

5 comments:

  1. Great job colouring those beautiful Pheasants Heidi. Not an easy feat with that stamped image. You managed to blend your watercolouring really well so the images look realistic. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is absolutely stunning and I love the depth you achieved. Wonderful Thanksgiving card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite stamp sets too. Love the way you used it on this card. Your colors are vibrant and on point. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Heidi! We are coming up on the time of year when pheasants will be running all over the place. they really are such a pretty bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pheasants really stand out with your wonderful colouring, Heidi! A great eye-catching card!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.