Saturday 30 September 2017

Merry Monday #258 - Chase the Snowflakes

According to the weather networks, Monday is supposed to bring us some white stuff.  I'm not ready for it.  I'm all for Fall and crunchy leaves and pretty yellow and orange vistas.  I love hearing the Canada geese overhead, honking out maneuvers for the young, untried additions to their ranks.  I love the warmth of the Fall sunshine with its hint of frost overnight.  I'm not ready for winter or anything that hints of winter.  I am hoping the weather networks are wrong.

Don't begin to think that this means I'm one of those "Bah, humbug!" types who eschews Christmas.  Far from it.  I love everything about Christmas.  And, appropriately, at Christmas snow belongs on the ground.  It is the magic blanket which hides all the dead grass and makes the landscape pretty again.  But Christmas is almost three months away.

A few years back I found the sweetest stamp set by Stampendous.  It featured a group of penguins who clearly love the snow and everything about it.  They're total winter "people".  I loved the image and also the sentiments and so had to buy it, of course.  The challenge at Merry Monday this week is perfect for my little stamp set and I was thrilled to be able to haul it out and use it.

I may not be ready for snow yet but the sentiment, "Take time to chase snowflakes" is something I embrace each year.  I make sure I get out there to enjoy the snow with my grandsons and also with my daughter since both of us love to go cross-country skiing.  I kept the card simple, making the image and that sentiment the primary focal points.  Oh, of course, I added some bling, not only in the form of rhinestones, but also in the form of the Wink of Stella which you can just see under the sleigh and also in the pom-poms of the toques which the penguins are wearing.


You can see why I'd want to use this image for the challenge, right?  It's not everyday that one has the perfect stamp right there.

This is entered in the Merry Monday Challenge #258.

 

I've also entered my card in the Christmas Card Challenges CCC22.


3 comments:

  1. Perfect card with those penguins in the sleigh, I love them all! And I love that awesome sentiment too! Thank you for sharing this at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely sentiment! I love snow and always chase the snowflakes :) Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenge and good luck!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.