Wednesday 6 September 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #135 - Judy's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge


This week's challenge at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge is hosted by Judy Markowitz and has a Feminine "Anything Goes" theme.


This challenge gave me another chance to pull out my Oh So Eclectic bundle and put together a cute Thank You card.  I began with a base of the Heavy Whisper White.  Then I pulled out a piece of Pear Pizzazz which I had "wet" embossed using the beautiful Layered Leaves 3D Dynamic Textured Empressions Embossing folder (try saying that name quickly).  I had embossed two pieces of Pear Pizzazz some weeks back.  One, I had run through the Big Shot dry.  The other, I had run through the Big Shot after liberally spritzing the cardstock with water.  Both embossed beautifully but the one which I had spritzed did emboss more deeply and, actually, had slight colour changes around the leaves.  What I really liked was that the embossed leaves looked so similar to the leaf image in the stamp set (which also had a matching framelit, of course).  So I stamped two leaf images on Pear Pizzazz paper and cut them out with the die.

I also stamped two of the "profile view" flower images on Whisper White paper using Berry Blast ink for the petals and Pear Pizzazz ink for the stem.  Once that had properly dried, I used my Aqua Painter and more Berry Blast ink to partially colour the petals.  Then I cut those out with the matching die and moved on.  My next image was the full face flower which I stamped on Whisper White using the Fresh Fig ink.  Once that had properly dried, I used my Aqua Painter to colour it using Fresh Fig ink.  For the centre I used Crushed Curry.

Finally, I used the patterned lattice die to cut the embossed piece.  Rather than having the Whisper White show through, I took a piece of Glossy cardstock and used my Aqua Painter to add a wash of Crushed Curry.  I had intended to attach all the die-cut pieces around the lattice cut but realized I needed a greeting.  I found one I really liked in the Rose Wonder stamp set and stamped it on a piece of Whisper White using Berry Blast ink.  After cutting it into a banner, I attached it to a piece of Berry Blast cardstock and fussy cut a border around the original banner.  Once that was finished, assembly began and with the help of some Tombo glue and some Dimensionals, the card took shape.


I hope you like the way it turned out.  Oh, the centre of the flower?  I wanted it to pop and it just didn't with the inked colouring and so I added some Versamark to the centre and heat embossed it in Gold Embossing Powder.  I like it so much better this way, don't you?

I hope you'll check out the awesome cards created by our talented Watercooler Artists at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've also linked up this card for the weathered florals theme on the Card Concept Challenge #77.

3 comments:

  1. Heidi this Oh So Eclectic Thank you card is so stunning. I love the cut pieces as well as the wet embossed look with the stamped leaves. Yes, very similar. The flowers are beautifully coloured and the pop of gold sprinkled in the center of the main flower is perfect. I love the font used for the sentiment, it really suits the design on the card. Well done! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your background is a stunning setting for your beautiful blooms! Loved reading about the process. And yes, love the flower embossed center! Thank you for playing along at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.