Wednesday 20 September 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #137 - Penny's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge


It's time for Penny's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge.  I love these masculine challenges!  I have more men in my extended family than women (and that includes the young ones).


I have to make a confession about this card.  For a change I didn't make it for anyone in the family or even for a friend.  I came across this old, retired stamp set at a garage sale and fell in love.  I think it came out sometime around 2008 and is called "For Father".  The sentiment confirms that it came out as a Father's Day set but the images are timeless and good for any occasion.  The image which I've used simply asked to be made into a card.  Who can say "no" to this adorable little pup?

Actually I used another retired set in creating my background.  The Daring Adventure set provided the shoe-prints while the cuttent Foxy Friends set provided the paw-prints.  I also added a bunch of splatter and rings from the Timeless Textures set.  All that stamping was done on a piece of Very Vanilla using Smoky Slate and Crumb Cake inks.

But the main event on the card is that pup.  That woebegone expression simply begged for the "Missing You" sentiment from the Thoughtful Banners set.  I kept the colours neutral and continued those neutrals for my Crumb Cake base and the Early Espresso and Very Vanilla layers.


I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards created by the other Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

I've also entered my card into the Retro Rubber Challenge #71 since it's an "Anything Goes".

I've also entered it into the Use Your Stuff Challenge #280 since it's all about pets.

6 comments:

  1. Heidi I know why you couldn't resist buying this For Father stamp set. That pup sure misses his dad, so the sentiment is most appropriate. I love how you added the paw and shoe prints as well as the texturized splotches in the background. Simply a great masculine card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect sentiment for this cute image. Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww....such a sweet card! Thanks so much for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! this is just the cutest image, it really conveys the message on the sentiment. Beautiful coloring and awesome background.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff!
    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you'd want to use this cute pup. What I really love is the way you've created that gorgeous background for it. Love the mystery of the footprints - who do they belong to? Where are they going? They drag you into the world of the card. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.