Wednesday 27 January 2021

WWC306 - Michelle's Challenge: All About Occasions

I used another new House-Mouse image for Michelle's challenge this week.  It's a card I could give to a friend or someone could give to their mother.  It's just about the little things and I couldn't resist.


My base is the Heavy Whisper White.  I used a narrow matte of Pacific Point (one of my favourite blues) and then adhered the image panel.  I stamped the image on Mixed Media paper using my new Tsukineko VersaFine Clair Morning Mist ink.  I love the less intense lines around the images and think it looks a lot more natural than black ink.  For the colouring I turned to my Derwent Watercolour pencils and AquaPainter.  I love the results, don't you?


I used a brownish green to ground them and show the shadows.  The sentiment was the hardest part of the card this time.  I knew what I wanted to say but wasn't certain I actually had a stamp which said anything that was close to what I had in mind.  This was from the Stampin' Up! set, Wonderful Moments.  I think it works perfectly.


I took this close-up to show the shimmery light around the candle flame.  It's understated but shows a pretty, soft glow.  Perfect for this adorable scene.


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, February 1st, 2021.

I've also entered my card in the following challenges: 

House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #332 - Anything Goes

Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog - Let's be on Time (and when Mama says it's bedtime, it's time)

Crafty Creations Challenge: January #417 - Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute image. Your card turned out very nice. The colors are great and so is the shimmery light you created. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling scene, Heidi! Just love your coloring and all the shimmer! Thanks for the inspiration at Watercooler Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sentiment you used with this fun House Mouse card, Heidi! Always fun images! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Heidi, love the shimmery candle light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, how cute is this!! the image is just sooo adorable and I love the colours, so pretty :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.