Wednesday 20 January 2021

WWC305 - Helen`s Challenge: Anything Goes With a Masculine Twist

Oh, I do love these popular slimline cards, don`t you?  I just got this awesome slimline die the other day and had to find a way to use it.  It's actually several scalloped rectangles, overlapping to fit into a slimline card and as usual I kept skipping from one idea to another until I saw the little owl on my Art Impressions set and suddenly it all fell into place.


I began with a white cardstock base, followed by a narrow matte of Shaded Spruce.  Then I added a piece of patterned paper with snowflakes in several sizes and colours.  My little scalloped frames needed filling and so I cut two vertical pieces and one horizontal piece to fit into the left two and right one.  For the rectangle at the right top, I cut a piece of vellum onto which I heat embossed the sentiment using Black embossing powder.  

For the centre rectangle I decided to stamp the little owl from the Art Impressions Woodland Holiday Set.  Echoing the colours of the treed landscape, I also added a touch of red, yellow and orange.  To finish up and add a bit of shimmer, I used my Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen to cover the background as well as the owl's eyes. 


It's hard to see in the photo, but in real life there is such a pretty sparkle.  I just love the way it all came together in this pretty die-cut frame, don't you?


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, January 25th, 2021.

I've also entered my card in the following challenges: 

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #137 - Always Anything Goes

Cardz 4 Guyz #262 - Let it Snow

Dream Valley Challenge #239 - Winter and/or Snow

6 comments:

  1. That bundled up owl is super cute!! I love your layout...very eye catching!! So glad that you played along with our "let it snow" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab slimline with the intersecting rectangles, Heidi - love this!! Thanks for the inspiration at Watercooler Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out wonderfully!
    I haven' tried a slimline card yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. Great slimline and scene. Cute owl. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat design, great use of the different papers and rectangles. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, Heidi, the slimline cards do look great! Love your little owl! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.