Wednesday 6 January 2021

WWC303 - Karen's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Feminine Twist

Wow!  We're in a new year!  I can't say I'm sorry to have said goodbye to 2020.  Let's all hope that 2021 is a much better and kinder year.

I fell in love with this adorable Stampendous stamp set designed by Fran Seiford.  Not only are there three sweet images with kittens, but the set includes a stencil with tiny kitten paw prints.  The "Awwwww" factor is absolutely enormous!


I used a base of the Heavy Whisper White followed by a matte of Highland Heather cardstock.  On a piece of Mixed Media paper I stamped the image with the five kittens and proceeded to colour them using my Koh-I-Noor Woodless Colour Pencils combined with the Gamblin Solvent Free Fluid.  I tried to give each a different colour of fur as well as different eyes.  They may all look quiet and sweet in the picture, but I'm sure within moments they were running all over the place, tumbling and playing with anything not tied down. 


After colouring the kittens, I added a light purple mat on which they're sitting.  They had to be grounded, after all.  I also stamped one of the three sentiments in the set. "Hugs and Kittens" simply seemed perfect, don't you agree?


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, January 11th, 2021.

I've also entered my card in the following challenges:      




                         

4 comments:

  1. Love those kitties! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling little kittens and I love how you colored them, Heidi!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those sweet little kittens, Heidi! A lovely card! I know quite a few who would love to get this one!! Take care and I hope 2021 is a good one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^+

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.