Wednesday 13 January 2021

WWC304 - Kath's Challenge: All About Occasions

Even though it's only January, I had to use this adorable House-Mouse image for my card this week.  Isn't it just the perfect Valentine?


This image is aptly named "Love Treat".  Don't those adorable mice look like they're deep into a sugar high?  Where a candy heart like this might be one of many we might consume in one sitting, I think it's going to last  Mudpie and Amanda at least a week. 

I used a base of the heavy Whisper White.  Then I added a much smaller rounded corner matte of a sparkly pink glitter paper.  On top of that I glued the watercoloured image.   Of course I used my Derwent Watercolour pencils for this job.  They offer such pretty, bright, clear colours.  Besides, I  love watercolouring.


This time I used a much lighter ink than normal to stamp my image.  The Versafine Toffee is closer to the colour I imagine the hair would be on these mice.  As a result, the image wound up looking much more like a no-line watercolour.  I love the results, don't you?


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, January 18th, 2021.

I've also entered my card in the following challenges: 

House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #331 - Anything Goes or New Beginnings (and what is a better new beginning than Love)  

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #137 - Always Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. I like watercolor also. This is really cute. The image is fun and your card turned out great. I think I'd like a bite out of that candy. They look so happy. Thanks for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Your coloring is beautiful and I love all the sparkle. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet pair of mice, Heidi - they look like they're enjoying the candy!! Thanks for the inspiration at Watercooler Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute...and the glitter paper makes this card POP! Yes I bet these meece will be nibbling for a while on their candy! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cute mousey creation thanks for sharing with us at HMFMC good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, Heidi!! I love these little mice!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card Heidi :-) the image is just adorable and I love the colours and his pink lips, awww :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!
    The image is so adorable! I love house mouse!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.