Wednesday 16 December 2020

WWC302 - Marsha's Special 3-Week "Anything Goes" Challenge

Oh my!  This is the final Watercooler Wednesday challenge for this year.  Just when I was thinking this year would last forever, it's almost over. Unlike the others, however, this challenge will last for 3 weeks, giving  us a bit of a break before we begin again in 2021.

I decided not to make a Christmas card for this challenge since, after all, it lasts well past that holiday.  Just for fun I played with an upbeat, purely fun honeybee set which I've had waiting at the side of my desk.  With the matching dies saving me time from some fussy-cutting, this was a pure pleasure to create.


I began with a base of the Heavy Whisper White, added a matte of Basic Black cardstock and then proceeded with the creation of the honeybees.  I stamped all five at once, spacing them so that using the dies all at once would not be a hardship.  Once I had them all cut out, I proceeded to watercolour them using my Derwent pencils and Aqua Painter.  I love the vivid yellows and reds, don't you?  To add a special sparkle, I added some Nuvo Glitter Gloss Aqua Shimmer.  

For the background, I took a piece of the Craft Consortium Light Tones Grunge paper.  Then I used my Tim Holtz stencil to add some hexagonal colours to the edges.  The deep yellow, purple and aqua shapes look great against the softer similar shades underneath, don't they?  Before placing my bees, I stamped the sentiment in the centre.  I love the way this turned out.  It makes me smile and look forward to "flying" into the new year.


 Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, January 4th, 2021.

I've also entered my card in the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #135 - Anything Goes

Crafty Creations Challenge #416 - Anything Goes

Creative Moments Challenge #204 - Anything Goes

The Paper Funday Challenges #24 - Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Super cute card heidi - I have a bee keeper friend that would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this. My son and daughter-in-law enjoy bee themes.
    Would you be able to please let me know the company and name of this stamp set? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, I'd love to help but this is a set I bought from an acquaintance. She had thrown away the packaging and only had the stamps and dies, but I loved them and bought them anyway. If I have the packaging, I try always to watermark the copyright on the image or, at the very least, give a nod to the company in my blog post. Happy holidays, and sorry I couldn't help.

      Delete
    2. thanks for the try -- it is a great card. Have a happy & healthy holiday.

      Delete
  3. Such a really adorable and sweet card, Heidi! It's so nice that you've joined our latest challenge on the Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry, and hope to see you again. Happy Holidays!
    Hugs, Lori (DT at Lemon Shortbread)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these bees - they seem to be having a great party. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card and the sentiment is wonderful. Thanks for joining the challenge at The Paper Funday and Happy New Year! Donna, DT

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.