Wednesday 25 November 2020

WWC299 - Heidi's Challenge: All About Occasions

 I am so very excited!  A few weeks back, for Challenge WWC294, my card was the winner of Sue's hostess prize over at the House-Mouse and Friends Challenge.  That's exciting in itself, but the prize was a gorgeous House-Mouse rubber stamp of a Hallowe'en scene.   I have a lot of House-Mouse stamps, but this stamp would be my very first for Hallowe'en.  So please forgive the sudden upset in seasons, but I have decided to use that wonderful stamp for this challenge.  It is the challenge I'm hosting, after all.


 Aren't the little characters in this scene absolutely adorable?  I love the various costumes and all the wonderful detail which Ellen Jareckie has added to her creation.  She's a terrific artist and brings these images to life.  I'm just excited that I can work with them and try to do justice to her magic.

I began with a base of Heavy Whisper White.  With all the colours I've used, I had to think about what I would use for the matte and, in the end, decided on two colours which are in the scene and which also suggest Hallowe'en to me:  Gorgeous Grape and Pear Pizzazz.  For the colouring of this very detailed image, I used a combination of Stampin' Blends and my Koh-i-Noor and Derwent wax-based pencils.  The pencils are fun to use along with the Gamsol to blend and "melt" the wax.  I love the finished product and the nice, bright colours which resulted, don't you?

I'm so grateful that Sue Drees picked my card and sent me this wonderful stamp.


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, November 30th.

I've also entered my card in the following challenges:





12 comments:

  1. Adorable scene with the critters trick-or-treating, Heidi! Just love how you colored it and matted it!! Thanks for the fun challenge and inspiration at Water Cooler Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Heidi :-) the mousie image is adorable and your colouring is fabulous!! Beautifully done!
    Congratulations on winning this stamp too!! Lucky girl! :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love how you colored the little mice. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, this is adorable. You've colored it so nicely, too. That Sue is a sweetie for sending such a great prize. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. Bunny - House Mouse DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back again, Heidi. You can also enter this card into https://twooldbatshalloweenchallenge.blogspot.com/
    The two old bats, er....ladies, started a year round Halloween challenge so enter the card over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bunny. I entered that cute challenge as suggested. :)

      Delete
    2. So glad you did. I know they enjoy having you.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you came back and entered this little sweetie in our challenge at Two Old Bats! We're all busy with Christmas cards and seasonal festivities, but it's good to change things up now and then. It's a darling stamp and you colored it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super-fun image and who cares if it's past halloween? So glad you shared with us at House Mouse & Friends, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love House Mouse! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful image, Heidi! A great fun card~! Hope all is ok in your part of the world. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and funny scene, Heidi! Great card!
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.