Wednesday 21 October 2020

WWC294 - Marsha's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Masculine Twist

 

And we're back with the House-Mouse Designs.  I fell in love with this beauty and can see how easy it would be to use it for masculine cards, feminine cards and everything in between.  I'll bet I could even use it for Christmas.  Yes, I'm in love!


Ellen Jareckie has brought these three little musical mice to life, hasn't she?  I love their various poses and the way they're handling their instruments.  To give the card a masculine "flavour", I went with deeper, more neutral colours for my background.  I began with a base of Soft Suede and a matte of Basic Black.  The musical patterned paper is from a retired Stampin' Up! collection and is a lovely deep shade of Mossy Meadow (green).  I added another matte, this time in Soft Suede, around the die-cut image piece and added a bit of black by sponging the edge of the die-cut with my black ink.


In the close-up you can see the colours I've used for my mice and their instruments.  Each mouse is slightly different.  Muzzy, the violinist, is coloured a soft charcoal and grey; Mudpie, the Banjo player, is coloured a sable brown; and, finally, Amanda, the guitarist, is coloured an auburn brown.  I love the way the Derwent watercolours offer such a nice variation in colours.  They're a pleasure to use along with my Aqua Painter.

While it's difficult to see, I added a touch of silver to the plate at the lower end of the banjo as well as a bit to the guitar.  Finishing up with the simple sentiment and a couple of hand-drawn musical notes is all this card needs.  I'm so happy with it and hope you love it, too. 


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, October 26th.   

I've also entered my card in the following challenges:




10 comments:

  1. So cute! Those mice always have so much personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun image! And you have colored it up beautifully. The boys in the band are lookin' good! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Heidi :-) I love this mousie band, how adorable are they! the music background and masculine colours are fabulous :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card with the music script to go along with this cute image! Great coloring too. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These guys are having fun, and it looks like you did too. Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse & Friends, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautifully colored. I love this image too. In my mind they are all pickers and they are fixing to belt out a country song. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet trio of mice, Heidi - just love how you colored them and the beautiful background! Thanks for the inspiration at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, Heidi! those little mice certainly look like their having a great time!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heidi, you won the Little HM trick or treaters stamp I offered on Challenge 326 at the House Mouse and friends Monday Challenge. My email address is under the prize picture and I will need your mailing address for the mailing label, then I can get it right out to you.

    http://housemouse-challenge.blogspot.com/2020/10/hmfmc-326-winners-and-top-3-anything.html

    Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.