Wednesday 18 November 2020

WWC298 - Kath's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Masculine Twist

With the idea of gratitude in mind for the USA Thanksgiving, I decided to use an adorable Fall set featuring Ellen Jareckie's wonderful little House-Mouse images.  I hope you love them as much as I do.


I began this card several weeks ago and put it aside.  I had done a lot of masking and didn't like the cluttered results.  This week I took it up again and used the Stitched Nested Label dies to cut out the portion which most appealed to me.  After that it was easy.  I found some retired Designer Paper which suited the image very nicely as well as supporting the colours I had used for watercolouring.  Big win there!


My base is the Heavy Whisper White to which I added a matte of Merry Merlot before adding the Designer Paper.  Then I took the cut out image, added a matte of Merry Merlot to it by using the next size up of the Stitched Nested Label dies, and attached that to the card.  For the sentiment I turned to the lovely Country Home stamp set.  I think it's perfect for the time of year and also for the card, don't you?


It's so hard to see some details in photos.  In this close-up you can just tell that some of the twigs on the Designer Paper are metallic.  That really adds a nice touch of elegance.  To make the nut portion of the acorn show up against the rougher "cap", I added a layer of the Shimmery Crystal Effects, which really looks awesome in real life.  I think you can tell by the highlights in the photos just how shiny the results are.  I love the way the colours work together and the way those adorable images seem so animated, don't you?
 

Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, November 23rd.

I've also entered my card in the following challenges:



8 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love the paper and wonderful coloring. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely colouring Heidi and glad you perservered and made a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOmetimes we have to put things aside and come back to them later. So glad you did, you retrieved it and made a great card in the end. So glad you joined us at House Mouse and Friends, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and colorful card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I like the colors of the leaves and the beautiful acorns. The skyline with the trees looks great too. Thank you for joining us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lesson for us all, Heidi! The finished card turned out so well!! Love those little mice!!Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heidi, what a lovely scene you created! The Fall colors are so pretty and the card design is lovely. So glad you retrieved it and shared it with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
    Hope by now you have received your prize from my challenge. Since I was unable to track the package, because of the international bridge closings because of Covid I can't see if you got. Stay safe.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.