Wednesday 2 December 2020

WWC300 - Tristan's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Feminine Twist

 We have snow outside but my eyes keep falling on the stamp sets which show flowers and sunny days.  So I'm giving in.  While I work on my "happy" cards, I can forget the cold outside and pretend I feel the sun on my shoulders.  This adorable scene with the ginger cat in front of its best friend, surrounded by green grass and gorgeous blooms is making me happy.  I hope it does the same for you.

I like to imagine this is my daughter with her rescued ginger, Honey.  I used a base of Heavy Whisper White and then added a matte of Melon Mambo cardstock.  After stamping the image using Memento ink, I decided to colour with my wax-based pencils.  Usually I use the wax-based pencils along with Gamsol and paper stubs to blend the colours into the paper.  This time, however, I chose to use a new product I found.  Made by the Gamblin Artists Colors in Portland, Oregon, this product is a solvent-free fluid made primarily from a safflower-alkyd medium, I found that it actually worked better with my wax pencils, blending the colours beautifully and giving it a look almost reminiscent of watercolouring.  Bonus, I was able to use artists' brushes rather than the paper stubs.  The added control was fantastic. 

You can reall see the blending in this close-up of my finished image.  I will probably never go back to Gamsol again.  Oh, and in this close-up, you can see the centres of the flowers, to which I added a touch of Gold Nuvo drops for effect.  

 As you can see, I also outlined all the tiny black ink paw-prints using my Uni-Ball silver pen. Since I also added a matte of silver to my die-cut sentiment, I think it looks great, don't you?

Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, December 7th.

I've also entered my card in the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #134 - Anything Goes

Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge #61 -  Meowy Christmas/Furrything Goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2048 - Animals

4 comments:

  1. Darling card, Heidi - love the kitty! Reminds me of two ginger kitties I had (RIP to both). The paw prints add the perfect touch! Thanks for the inspiration at Watercooler Wednesday this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Heidi. Lovely colouring and this reminds me of my previous ginger boy Oscar who's do this constantly around my legs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFULLY DONE! Love the kitty, reminds me of my kitty that was 19 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Heidi! This is a wonderful card and really makes me think of all the cats I've known! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.