Wednesday 4 November 2020

WWC296 - Michelle's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Feminine Twist

I bought the loveliest stamp and die set from a company in Australia, the Paper Rose Studio.  It's a pretty set called the Daisy Bouquet.  I absolutely fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.


I began with a base of the Heavy Whisper White.  Then I cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo using one of my rectangle stitched dies for the matte.  I cut another piece to fit that matte, using Whisper White cardstock and then used one of my fancy scalloped stitched edge dies to cut the right side.  After that, I played around splattering some of the Broken China Distress Oxide ink over it to make a pretty background for the daisies.

I stamped the daisies onto a piece of Mixed Media paper and then used the matching die to cut it out.  Using my Aqua Painter and the Flirty Flamingo ink, I watercoloured the petals, shading them with additional layers to give them form.  For the stems and leaves, I watercoloured with the Mint Macaron.  Finally, for the centres, I watercoloured them with several layers of Pineapple Punch and then, when dry, added some Nuvo Glitter Gloss.

The finishing touch for the card was heat embossing the simple sentiment in White Embossing Powder.  I love the results, don't you?


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, November 9th.

I've also entered my card in the following challenges:




2 comments:

  1. Fabulous daisies, Heidi - just love the angled scalloped panel atop that flamingo color too! Thanks for the inspiration at Watercooler Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paper Rose have some great stamps and dies, Heidi! These daisies are so pretty with a lovely arrangement. Clever design! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.