Wednesday 29 July 2020

WWC282 - Fifth Week Anything Goes Challenge

Every month which has five Wednesdays we have a special challenge for our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  It's an Anything Goes challenge and I decided to create another special fold.  This time it's very simple.  It's a gate-fold but is made special  by the gorgeous Designer Paper which I used.


I used the Heavy Whisper White for my base, cutting it to 5 1/2" x 8  1/2".  The gate-fold is created by scoring first at 2 1/2" and then at 6 3/4".  I purposely made an uneven gate.  The Designer paper seemed to want to be cut at that point and so I went along with it.  My matte is the lovely Highland Heather cardstock.  The Designer Paper is the retired but, nevertheless stunning, Perrennial Essence.


 At this slight angle, you can just see how I've added some sparkle to the centres of the blossoms  with my Sheer Shimmer Stix Dauber.  It compliments the sparkle of the scalloped circle mattle under the stitched circle of the sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment using  Rich Razzleberry ink which is close to the warm tones in the blossoms.  The little butterfly is sparkly as well, cut from glitter paper. 

For the inside of the card, I kept it simple.  I cut a piece of 4 1/2" x 3 1/4" Highland Heather cardstock and then added a piece of 4 1/4" x 3" Whisper White on which I stamped a little butterfly and blossoms, leaving lots of room for a written greeting.

I love the way the card turned out and hope you do, too.  Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday,  August 3rd.


I've also entered my card in the following challenges:

 Lemon Shortbread Challenge #125 - Anything Goes

A Place to Start July 2020 Challenge - Flowers (Flowers, Floral Papers, etc)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Heidi. Love that DSP and little butterfly matches perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous paper, has made a beautiful gate fold card. Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month for our"Flowers" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Heidi and I love the uneven gate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card, Heidi! I just adore the colours. I'm so glad that you've joined our latest challenge on the Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry, and I hope to see you again.
    Hugs, Lori (DT Lemon Shortbread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that gorgeous DP, Heidi!! So sweet with that lovely fold card and cute little butterflies!!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty!! I LOVE that DP you used. The gatefold is so clever!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.