Wednesday 8 July 2020

WWC279 - Helen's Challenge: All About Occasions

I'm so glad this challenge is All About Occasions!  I'm ready to begin building up my Christmas card stash and what a perfect way to begin, with those adorable little House Mouse designs.


I began with a base of Heavy Whisper White cardstock and then added a lovely die-cut matte of Garden Green.  I stamped the adorable Ellen Jareckie House Mouse image onto a piece of Mixed Media paper and then proceeded to colour it using my fabulous Derwent Watercolour Pencils.  Because I decided those little Christmas lights should be lit, I added a light wash of colour around each bulb.  You can just see it on the paper and  beside the bulb, but this is the way the colour would naturally spread.  After colouring the image, I took the next smaller die and cut out the image with it so that it would fit perfectly inside that green matte.


I added a layer of the Shimmery Crystal Effects to the Christmas Lights and some silver to the end of the pencil.  You can see that more easily with the slight angle of this photo.


For the inside, I inked up only the one Christmas bulb and stamped it in the upper left corner.  Then, after watercolouring, I added some Shimmery Crystal Effects to the bulb as well.  The sentiment is from an old, retired set which I've kept simply for the assortment of sentiments. 

I love the way the card turned out and hope you do, too.  Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, July 13th.


I've also added my card to the following challenges:

HMFMC #320 - Anything Goes with the option of stitching

Shopping Our Stash #424 - Hanukkah/Christmas in July

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #123 - Anything Goes

Fezziwigs Festive Frolics - Anything Festive Goes

10 comments:

  1. Another adorable House Mouse card Heidi. Beautiful colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Christmas card. I love this image and I like how you have colored around the bulbs to show the shadow of the red and blue. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! I love Christmas in July with the meeces. Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Heidi :-) I love this mousie image, the gift list just makes me smile, oh to give such simple sweet gifts, apart from poor Maxwell's lump of coal hahaha ;-) Absolutely gorgeous!!

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Stay Home and Stay Safe xx
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah this is so sweet, what a cute wee mouse and your colouring is super. Thank You for sharing with me over on Fezziwigs Festive Frolics, this fortnight, Love Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cute card! Your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another super cute House Mouse card, Heidi!! Love the added shaped borders!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the House Mouse siblings, they are so cute no matter what they're doing.
    Your card is beautifully colored and adorable.
    Thank you for playing at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way it turned out, so very pretty. Wish I could make a list this early, ha ha! Fun card and beautifully colored. Thanks for sharing it with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Heidi is my daughters name too!!!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.