Wednesday 22 July 2020

WWC281 - Heidi's Challenge: All About Occasions

It's my turn as host for our awesome Watercooler Challenge this week.  One occasion for which I'm always needing more cards is when I'm sending thanks to someone.  I always seem to run out of Thank You cards.  So that's what I decided to make using some fun retired patterned paper as well as those adorable little House Mouse images.


This is a special fold which I saw on Mary Brown's blog and had to try myself.  If you're curious about Mary's, just click here.  It's actually an easy fold (which is always nice, right?) and helps to use up some of the patterned paper we all seem to wind up hoarding.

You begin with a piece of 5 1/2 x 12 patterned paper.  It works best if your paper isn't strictly "one direction" on one side.  From there you score at 2", 4", 8", and 10".  At each end, you cut diagonally from the fold line to the centre of the edge, as you can see from the pic:


Keep those little triangular pieces.  You're going to glue them onto the uncut end of that last fold as you can see from the pic:


Once glued on with all the folds in place, you will have a special fold card ready to decorate:



On a piece of Mixed Media paper, I stamped the adorable little images from Ellen Jareckie's Acorn Cap House Mouse set.  Perfect for the patterned paper which I used, right?  After using my stitched oval die to cut out the image, I proceeded to watercolour it using my favourite Derwent Watercolour Pencils and Aquapainter.  When the colours were dry, I added some Sakura Glaze to the nut portion of the acorns.


 To finish up I cut a 3" x 4 1/4" piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, added two fussy-cut acorns, and glued it to the centre of the inside of the card. 


I love the way the card turned out and hope you do, too.  Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, July 27th.


I've also entered this card in the following Challenges:


14 comments:

  1. Just love those House Mouse cards, Heidi. They always bring a smile to my face. Great instructions. I am going to try one of these too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. I am madly in love with these critters. Ellen Jareneckie is so talented in giving them personalities. I hope you'll share your creation when you try this fold. :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun card! I love the fold. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great fold and to have such great matching paper to go along with your cute stamp. I love this. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super card! Great shape! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Heidi. Love the fancy fold and your lovely colouring of those adorable mice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Heidi
    It is beautiful. Love the pattern paper too. I am a hoarder of pattern paper and have started using it of late.Love the stamp which complimented the pattern paper. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this cute fold card, Heidi! Great easy instructions. I must give it a try. I always love House Mouse images!! Take care!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ...what a creative fold card and a super cute little image on your darling of a card x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Heidi, your card is absolutely beautiful! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining us at challenge Lemon Shortbread
    DT Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heidi, what a super fun card. The fold is really unique, and those fun papers go so well with the sweet House Mouse image your have colored up so beautifully. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card Heidi :-) the mousie image is adorable and I love this fold!! How cool is that!! I need to give this a try too! the whole design is gorgeous!!

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heidi this is a great and beautiful card and the paper fit perfectly
    thanks for join us at our HM and friend ch DT karin

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.