Wednesday 15 July 2020

WWC280 - Kath's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Masculine Twist

With Kath's masculine challenge, I thought it was the perfect time to play with the fun (and new) stamp set I bought from Art Impressions.  The images are by Bonnie Krebs and reflect her usual humorous look at life.


This is what happens when men go hunting.  If one of them is celebrating a birthday, all bets are off.  Clearly both the birthday boy and the birthday cake have gone missing.  Are they carrying their guns for any reason other than protecting themselves from wild bear and disgruntled deer?  We'll never know.   What happens in the woods, stays in the woods.

I had such fun watercolouring Bonnie's terrific images.  Keeping each of the men separate and giving each a bit of a different look took a bit of time and a lot of thought, but I think, in the end, it worked out well.  I used Mixed Media paper for the watercoloured image and, of course, my favourite Derwent watercolour pencils.  I used a matte of Gray Granite and the base is simply white.


In this slightly off centre photo, you can just see the sparkle of the Shimmery Crystal Effects on the glass of the binoculars and the soft sheen of the silver buckles.

I love the way the card turned out and hope you do, too.  Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, July 20th.


 I've also added my card to the following challenges:

  Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge #249 - No patterned paper

 Lemon Shortbread Challenge #124 - Anything Goes

The Male Room Challenge #140 - Sport

6 comments:

  1. Super fun card Heidi - maybe they were carrying guns to protect the cake?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun combination of image and sentiment, Heidi! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a GREAT card, love the humour and your colouring. Thank you so much for joining us in our Sport challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith DT The Male Room

    Faith my blog

    We would love it if you could display our challenge badge on your blog post too, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous masculine birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image for a masculine birthday card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Great masculine card. Very funny. Thank you for joining us in our Sport challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our future challenges.
    Ma-Mi DT The Male Room

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.