Wednesday 1 July 2020

WWC278 - Michelle's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Feminine Twist

I love Coneflowers (also known as Echinacea)!  They have become a popular garden addition and boast a whole lot of colours now.  I bought a die set with three sizes of Coneflowers which I've been wanting to use.  And, finally, I've used the dies for this week's challenge card.


I decided to use a slightly cream coloured base and then added two mattes.  The first is a very narrow Daffodil Delight followed by a wood patterned paper.  On top of that, I added a lovely retired piece of Designer paper which has a Heat Embossed finish to it.  Not only does that add interest and weight but it also has a wonderful shine to it, almost like mosaic tiles.

I cut the pieces for the Coneflowers from Watercolour Paper.  When I first cut the pieces, I intended to check on the internet to see the possible  colours.  To my surprise there were many from which to choose.  I think I changed my mind half a dozen times and then, finally, decided on yellow.  Watercolouring them allowed me the opportunity to add shading, which I prefer to simply using a yellow cardstock.  Of course, seeing the close-ups of the cones showed me that there was more of a pattern and more colours to them than I had anticipated.  For the additional dots of red, I used a paint brush to add some pearlized Nuvo Drops.  


As you can see from this picture, I created an easel card.  I added an outline of the same patterned paper to the inside as well as a little die-cut bee.  Not only is the bee perfect for the flowers, it provided that very important little "stopper" for the card, forcing it to stay put in the easel position.

I love the way the card turned out and hope you do, too.  Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, July 6th.



I've also added my card to the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #123 - Anything Goes

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #460 - Anything Goes

Crafty Creations July Challenge #411 - Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card Heidi. Love the DSP layers behind those lovely die cut flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A striking card, Heidi, with that pretty DP and lovely bright flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful creation!
    Thanks for playing at Craty Creations Challenge.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.