Wednesday 15 April 2020

WWC267 - Karen's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Masculine Twist

Something I am hearing about almost every day since the snow is shrinking back and the temperatures are getting milder is fly fishing.  Yes, my hubby is nuts about tying flies and going fishing.  So when I was trying to decide what I should do for our new Masculine Challenge, it was a no-brainer that I would haul out Stampin' Up!'s Best Catch stamp set as well as an old, retired favourite, In the Meadow.


I decided to keep it clean and simple.  My base is the Heavy Whisper White cardstock and then a matte of Gray Granite.  On another piece of Whisper White I stamped the mountain range from the In the Meadow set in the top third and then stamped the fisherman from the Best Catch set in the lower area.  To the right of the fisherman, I stamped the sentiment which is from a lovely fishing stamp set by Inky Antics.

I used watercolours for this card.  Several greens and then the Gray Granite ink colour the mountains and then a light wash of Balmy Blue defines the sky.  I also added a light wash of Coastal Cabana for the lake.

It's simple but I know that the fisherman in my life will love it and I hope you do, too.    Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on April 20th.



I've also entered my card in the following challenges:

Always Fun Challenges #158 - Clean and simple

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #117 - Anything Goes


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! I love the two stamp sets you used and your water coloring is wonderful. Mark and I fly fish some too. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely sentiment on your card, Heidi! A perfect masculine card! Hope you and your family are all staying safe and well! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.