Wednesday 1 April 2020

WWC265 - Marsha's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Feminine Twist

Are you ready for another fabulous House Mouse creation?  This week's challenge has to have a Feminine Twist and what could be more feminine than a huge cupcake with sparkly pink icing?  Just don't shriek when you see that two adorable little mice have been enjoying it, too.


I used a Heavy Whisper White cardstock for my base and then added two mattes, the first using Pineapple Punch cardstock and the second using Melon Mambo.  I stamped the adorable Ellen Jareckie House-Mouse images using black Memento ink directly onto a piece of Mixed Media paper.  I love that paper because I can do any kind of colouring without worrying about my paper pilling, buckling or otherwise betraying me.  The Memento ink is wonderful when I use my wax based crayons and Gamsol for colouring the images since it doesn't lift and mix with my colours.

Once I finished colouring everything and using my paper stub and Gamsol to smooth the colour out, I added some shimmer to the delicious-looking pink icing.  My Nuvo Glitter Gloss pen worked beautifully for that purpose.  I also wanted the candles to have a bit more dimension as well as more of a waxy look and so I carefully covered them using my Shimmery Crystal Effects.  Once dry, they were perfect.

 

Once assembled with a simple "happy birthday" sentiment added, I decided that a bit more "bling" was needed.  I found some Melon Mambo sequins and added a tiny silver pearl in the centre of each.  I think I've made it feminine enough, don't you?

I hope you'll enjoy my card as much as I enjoyed making it.  Have fun with our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.



I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #116 - Anything Goes

House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #313 - Anything Goes (and the option of sparkle)

Crafty Creations #408 -  Anything Goes

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says Happy Birthday

7 comments:

  1. What beautiful colorwork and delightful card. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, Heidi.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mix of all the beautiful colors and the great shimmer. I am enjoying it as much as you enjoyed making it. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww how cute is this!! :-) the image is adorable and I love the colours and layers, beautifully done :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Stay Home and Stay Safe xx
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your coloring! Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining the House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So super cute, Heidi! I love this fun House Mouse image!!! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. House Mouse stamps are my favorite!! You did a fabulous job coloring this adorable stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.