Wednesday 8 April 2020

WWC266 - Heidi's Challenge: All About Occasions

I'm so excited to share my brand new House-Mouse image for the challenge I'm hosting for the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  It's a large image and so beautifully detailed.  I hope you love what I've done with it as much as I do!


I wanted the image to be the star of the "show" and so I kept it simple.  My base is the Heavy Whisper White and the image is stamped on Strathmore Mixed Media paper.  I didn't use a matte so that the image seems to blend right onto the card.

There is a wonderful House-Mouse site where one can find the colours of all the adorable little critters.  This one is Maxwell and he's a warm brown.  That was easy enough but the pansies were another story.  We had snow yesterday.  There are still patches left on the ground although it was milder today.  No self-respecting pansy is showing its face in my part of the world at the moment.  Thank Heaven for the internet.  I searched and found a veritable "smorgasbord" of pansy images.  The only problem was deciding which colour mine would be.  I hope you like my final choice.

I used my Derwent watercolour pencils and Aqua-brushes to colour the images.  There were no droplets dripping from the brush in Ellen Jareckie's version but I used poetic license to add three tiny drops.  Maxwell simply isn't capable of colouring anything without a spot or two on the ground, you see.


In the close-up you can see that I added some shine to the paint and droplets.  After colouring, I covered those areas with my Shimmery Crystal Effects.  It is so shiny that it actually looks like wet paint.  Yay!  It's hard to tell, but I also added some pretty sparkle to the brush.  After colouring it with that lovely blue and silver, I added some Nuvo Glitter Gloss over it and in real life it's so very pretty.

I hope you love my card as much as I loved making it.  Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on April 13th.


I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #313 - Anything Goes (Optional Sparkle)

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #117 - Anything Goes

Creative Moments Challenge #188 - Anything Goes (Optional something to look forward to)

12 comments:

  1. This card is SO CUTE!! I love the deep purple color of those pansies and your House Mouse is so fun!! I LOVE the House Mouse collection and might have to invest in this one. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS card Heidi :-) the image is just so cute and your colouring s stunning!! beautifully done :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Happy Easter xx
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That image is just darling, Heidi! I love those images. Thank you for joining our challenge at Lemon Shortbread. Good luck with your entry, and hope to see you again. Stay safe.
    Hugs,
    Lori xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Your color work is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with us at the House Mouse and Friends MOnday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful card. I'm glad you added the droplets as it makes Maxwell seem like the rest of us. Spilling just a wee bit. Or like me and spilling a lot. It's beautifully colored. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. This image is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heidi, I love your card. Maxwell is adorable and I love his painting lol! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an adorable stamp, Heidi! Your colouring of your pansy it beautiful! A great card!! Happy Easter! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heidi beautiful card and great colouring

    Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
    Goodluck and hope we see you again.

    Gr Karin DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, beautiful colours and the little extras are expertly added xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautifully coloured, Heidi ... the detailing is just brilliant ... such a sweet scene! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.