Wednesday 22 April 2020

WWC268 - Dawn's Challenge: All About Occasions

There is something about ducks and chickens that appeals to me, especially in a stamp.  Of course when I saw this adorable Penny Black image called "Cluck, Quack", I couldn't resist buying it.


I used a base of Heavy Whisper White and then decided to use a lovely wood-print as a matte.  For the image layer, I used a piece of Watercolour paper and my stamping platform to stamp the image in Black pigment ink.  Just to make sure it set perfectly and wouldn't smear, I used my heat tool to dry it thoroughly.

I used my Daler-Rowney Aquafine travel watercolour set to colour the images.  I love the variety of colours and the ability to mix some of the colours to get precisely the tone I want.

I love the way the card turned out and, of course, the fact that the silly "cluckers" and "quackers" make me smile.  I hope you do, too.

Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on April 27th.



I've also entered my card in the following challenges:  

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #118 - Anything Goes

Always Fun Challenges #159 - Chicks or Farm Animals

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #386 - Anything Goes

The Sisterhood of Crafters:  Happy Birthday or Fun Fold or Both

6 comments:

  1. This card is spot on for me too. I have the chickens knitting that always quacks me up. Got to get this stamp now too. Love your card. Hope you are safe and well. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Love the chicken images! Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Crafters, "Birthday or Fancy Fold/Both" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me chuckle Heidi! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super fun card, Heidi! Perfect sentiment and stamp set! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card with the cute images certainly brings a smile to my face too, Heidi and I love your
    watercolouring.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hope you are keeping well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I love the cute birds and the sentiment is really great! Great to see you in our gallery and hope you will join us again soon at the ATSM Challenges!! Please do visit my blog Paint Paper Scissors for more inspiration.
    Nandini – Design Team member, ATSM Challenges

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.