Wednesday 25 March 2020

WWC264 - Helen's Challenge: All About Occasions

While I was still with Stampin' Up! at the beginning of this year, I fell in love and bought the Beautiful Moments stamp set.  The image of the mother and daughter walking along, holding hands, made me think of days gone by with my own sweet treasure and so a card was born.


I wanted to keep it simple and let the images do the "talking".  My base is the Heavy Whisper White.  I used a matte of Gorgeous Grape since that was the colour I had earmarked for the mother's dress.  I kept the stamping simple, with the mother and daughter centred and birds flying above.  Those image are all from the Beautiful Moments set.  I added some texture to the ground by using the "open dot" image from the Artisan Textures stamp set.  Finally, on a scrap of white, I stamped the adorable little cat from the Grace's Garden stamp set.

Using the inks from my ink pads, I coloured the little girl's dress with the Coastal Cabana, the mother's dress with the Gorgeous Grape, their skin with the Petal Pink, and their hair with a combination of So Saffron and Cajun Craze.  I used a wash of Pear Pizzaz and Grey Granite for the ground and then a light wash of the Balmy Blue for the sky.  The cat is a combination of Smoky Slate, So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie.

Once I finished adhering all the layers together, I added the fussy-cut cat on foam dimensionals, slightly below the mother and daughter to give the illusion of it being a few feet behind them.

I hope you'll enjoy my card as much as I enjoyed making it.  Have fun with our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.


I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #116 - Anything Goes

CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #363 - Sketch



8 comments:

  1. Very sweet image and lovely colouring Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for continuing to send out sunshine and inspiration at this time. We surely do need it now. Bless you. Stampin' hugs, DianeL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling and so beautifully colored! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is very sweet and I love the little kitty sharing in this moment. Hope you're staying well! Hugs from Oklahoma. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet image, Heidi! It says so much! I hope you are keeping safe and well! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, thanks for sharing with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! Thank-you so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! So sorry this is late, but with everything going on, I’m just getting around to doing this. Please stay safe during this time.
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.