Wednesday 11 March 2020

WWC262 - Marsha's Challenge: All About Occasions

This week our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge is all about Occasions and so, of course, I had to use an adorable House-Mouse image which I just bought called Easter Egg Nap.  It's an Easter theme which is, of course, perfect.


Could anything be more cute than that little mouse napping on top of the brightly coloured Easter egg?  My base if the Heavy Whisper White cardstock and then I added a scalloped matte using the Balmy Blue cardstock.

I've stamped my adorable House-Mouse image on a piece of Mixed Media paper and then cut it using a rectangular die with crossing lines of stitching.  It's subtle but I love what it adds to the card.   I decided to use my Stampin' Blends (alcohol inks) to colour the image and love the clean colours.  My mouse, especially, looks almost as if it's breathing.  The colours are so lifelike.

The Happy Easter sentiment is from a retired SU! stamp set, Indescribable Gift.  It's simple but just perfect to finish the card.

I hope you enjoy my card as much as I enjoyed creating it.  Have fun with our challenge!



I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #115 - Anything Goes

House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #311 - Anything Goes

2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #11 - Anything Goes with a Critter

The Sisterhood of Crafters: Easter Challenge

7 comments:

  1. I love this sweet card. Your coloring is wonderful! Thanks for joining the House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Easter card. I love this little House Mouse sleeping so soundly on the Easter egg. It's beautifully colored. Lovely dies that you chose. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. An adorable card for sure. The image is so sweet and love the CAS style and your awesome color work. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and sharing your card with us.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well isn't this just the cutest Easter card ever!!! So adorably sweet! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great coloring Heidi ... just adorable! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the House Mouse images! Great card, Heidi with lovely colour choices!!! Have a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore House Mouse images, Heidi, and your coloring on this one is marvelous! Let me just say thanks and we appreciate you playing in and supporting our "Anything Goes with a Critter" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. Good luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.