Wednesday 18 March 2020

WWC263 - Tristan's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Masculine Twist

I've been sorting my stamps and discovered an adorable Picket Fence Studios set called Like a Crafty Fox.  Well, you know I had to use one of those images for Tristan's Masculine challenge, right?


I may have gone a bit overboard.  My base is the Heavy Whisper White cardstock with a matte of Balmy Blue.  Then I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped an image which can only be described as a torn hole in the paper using my Basic Gray ink.  I decided to fussy cut out the torn hole so that only the apparent torn and folded back paper remained.  I thought it needed something more and used an image from the SU! Artisan Textures stamp set using my Basic Gray ink at the bottom left and top right of the hole.  Then I stamped the sentiment at the top left and bottom right using my Black Memento ink.

So I had to create something to see within that hole, right?  I took a smallish rectangle of Whisper White and stamped the trees from the Waterfront stamp set using my Old Olive ink.  Then I used the long piece from the same set, offstamped the Balmy Blue once and created the sky behind the trees.  For the ground I used the dotted image from that set and first stamped using Grey Granite ink and then using Old Olive ink.  I used my AquaPainter to add a light wash of Old Olive over the dots.

I used the thick Foam Adhesive strips to attach the landscape behind the hole.  Then I got to work on the star of the show, the fox.  First I stamped the fox image on a scrap of Mixed Media paper and then watercoloured the little guy with vivid Derwent watercolour pencils.  I love the way he looks so lively.  After he had dried completely, I fussy cut him out and attached him to the scene using foam Dimensionals, making it appear as if he was leaping out of the hole.


I attached the entire scene piece to the base and matte using the thick Foam Adhesive strips.  The card may be a bit thick to send internationally, but it sure looks great with all that dimension.

I hope you like the card as much as I've enjoyed creating it.  Have fun with Tristan's Anything Goes With a Masculine Twist challenge.


I'm also entering my card in the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #115 - Anything Goes

Dream Valley Challenges #221 - One For the Boys

Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge #240 - Something Beginning With F

The Card Concept #131 - Woodland Nursery

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #381 - Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. What a cute little fox, Heidi ... he's wonderfully vibrant ... and so fun leaping out of that amazing hole ... so clever! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, this is fabulous. I had to smile at the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card, Heidi! Love the little fox and that torn hole! I just bought that stamp but haven't used it yet!!! Stay safe!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever card! I love how you stamped a torn hole and then actually made a hole for a little scene behind your cute fox. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card. Thank you for joining us at the Dream Valley challenge this time.

    Debbie
    Dream Valley DT
    decraftsblog.wordpress.com {my blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, what a fun design! This is such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Cute!! Thank-you so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! So sorry this is late, but with everything going on, I’m just getting around to doing this. Please stay safe during this time.
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.