Wednesday 31 July 2019

WWC232 - "Anything Goes" Challenge

Hurrah!  July has a 5th Wednesday and so we get to have one of our amazing "Anything Goes" Challenges this week.  I have finally received the Heirloom Frames Dies & 3D Embossing Folders which had been on backorder for a while.  Of course I had to use them and, for this challenge, decided to go all out and open a new package of Designer Series paper as well, the Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP.  The finished result turned out amazingly well, don't you agree?


I began with a base of Heavy Whisper White.  Then I added a narrow layer of Balmy Blue cardstock, a wider layer of Whisper White and then a layer of a very subtle pattern from the Woven Threads Designer Series paper.  In order to get a very sharp impression on the Balmy Blue oval, I sprayed the piece with water, getting it quite wet, before putting it through the Big Shot.  Once it dried, the pattern turned out sharp and crisp, almost like a carving.  I love the results.

After using Dimensionals to lift up the oval on the card, I added two more ovals, centered on the embossed oval, one stitched oval in Whisper White and the other a plain oval in the same paper as the Woven Threads DSP.

After choosing which humming bird I would fussy-cut from the gorgeous Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP, I quickly got that done and mounted him onto the card with Dimensionals as well.  For my flower I thought the pretty Altenew Dotted Blooms images were perfect and, after stamping one using the Terracotta Tile ink, cut that out and then finished colouring it using my Grapefruit Grove Stampin' Marker.  I love the colours that I created, mixing the stamped ink and the ink from the marker, don't you?  With a Gold Faceted Gem in the centre, the flower was complete and ready to be added with Dimensionals.

I decided to stamp the sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White using the Balmy Blue ink.  The "Thank You" is nice and large and I love the script from the versatile Love What You Do stamp set.  After quickly cutting that out, I added it to the card, also on Dimensionals.  What do you think?  It turned out great, didn't it?


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

And then I decided to play with the Magnolia Lane Memories & More Project Pack.  There are several sheets of printed vellum in the pack, one of which had the perfect sized Magnolia printed on it.  Of course my curiosity was piqued and I had to see how that might work with this card.  The only problem was, well, vellum!  I love the stuff but it does change the look of things when one can see through the flower.  Well, they say that a lot of things can be resolved during one's sleep.  It sure worked in this case.  I woke up with a complete resolution in line.  First I cut out the vellum Magnolia image which most appealed to me.  Then I covered the back of the vellum piece COMPLETELY with VersaMark.  Once that was done, I covered the VersaMark with White Embossing Powder, heated it up to melt it, and the result was absolutely perfect.

After using the Mango Melody and Terracotta Tile inks to colour the front of the image and adding a Gold Faceted Gem to the centre, I changed out the flower on the card and love the results.  Either flower works perfectly, but I'm glad I tried the vellum as well.


I've entered my card into the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #99 - Anything Goes

Dragonfly Dreams Challenge - Things With Wings

Crafting By Design - August Anything Goes

Creative Moments Challenge #173 - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I LOVE how you colored in that bird!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Heidi! Your color choices are lovely and that orange flower really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Heidi. Love your colour scheme and great tip for the embossing panel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Creative Moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Heidi! So much work in all that bright, happy colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful x
    Great layout and perfectly coloured x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.