Wednesday 7 August 2019

WWC233 - Karen's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge

Oh my goodness, we're having a Feminine challenge this week and I've decided to finally introduce ink to my Beautiful Day stamp set.  Am I ever lucky that it hasn't retired since I bought it!  Strange how one can buy something and then keep passing it by instead of using it.  Has that ever happened to you?


I've used a base of Heavy Very Vanilla.  I had thought to use the Heavy Whisper White but the Watercolour Paper onto which I stamped the butterfly image had too much cream in it.  The Very Vanilla compliments it far better.  There was quite a "journey" for this butterfly image.  First, after cutting my piece of Watercolour Paper, I heat embossed a generic piece of music onto it using my Clear embossing powder.  I didn't want it to appear on the paper except where the watercolours were repelled by the embossing.

After having heat embossed the music, I stamped the butterfly image from the Beautiful Day set using my black StazOn.  I don't often use the StazOn because of the smell, but for this image, I wanted the black to stay on the heat embossed notes rather than be repelled by them.  After that dried, I spritzed the paper with water.  Then I took my four new In-Color re-inkers and, one by one put a drop of ink onto the wings, helped it spread with my AquaPainter, and, by the fourth colour, had my finished image.  Beginning at the top of the right wing and moving clockwise, I used the following inks:  Pretty Peacock, Seaside Spray, Terracotta Tile, and Rococo Rose.

I used a matte of Basic Black and then attached it askew onto the base using my Foam Adhesive Strips.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment in black ink and the card was done.  I love the watercolour effect and the whimsy of the musical notes, don't you?


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges:

The CAS Watercolour Card Challenge - August 2019 Butterflies

Seize the Birthday Challenge #171 - Anything Goes with optional twist of flowers

MOO-MANIA #197 - Butterflies

10 comments:

  1. I love how the music notes add pattern to the wings, Heidi! What a great idea to do that! Beautiful colors too and a very artsy watercolor butterfly! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!Thank you for joining Moo Mania & More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous artsy design! I love the loose watercolour:) So glad you shared at CAS Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful card Heidi! I love the different colors in your butterfly and really love the subtle embossed music that shows through the wings! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Watercolour! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love your butterfly! Beautiful watercolor wash on the wings and the subtle music note is really gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After i read your process notes, I vied a close up and there it was the mudical background. I didnt see it in the smaller view. Nicr work

    Much❤👨‍🎨❤love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun colouring to your butterflies Heidi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful card.

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Heidi!! Great design with your heat embossed musical notes in the background and the pretty watercolours over top for the butterfly. The outline image of the butterfly defines the watercolour. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.