Wednesday 17 July 2019

WWC230 - Kath's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge

I've been waiting for another Masculine Challenge!  This week Kath is our host and I'm so happy to be using the Country Road stamp set which I just bought.  Yes, it came out with last year's catalogue, but I'm finally convinced that I need it to round out my more masculine stamps.  I kept all my colours very neutral to give the card a more vintage look.


All the images are from the Country Road set except for the background panel which has been stamped with one of my favourite background stamps, the Crackle Paint set.  The faint, tiny "bubbles" behind the weather vane and twigs are from the Artisan Textures set.

I began with a base of Gray Granite cardstock, followed by a layer of Basic Black and then another layer of Gray Granite, this time stamped with the Crackle Paint image using Gray Granite ink.  Then I added a smaller rectangle of Basic Black, another of Basic Gray and then the Whisper White onto which I heat embossed the weather vane in Black embossing powder, followed by stamping the twigs in Gray Granite ink.  Finally I stamped the "bubbles" in once-off-stamped Gray Granite.

I stamped the star in Gray Granite ink onto a piece of the retired Galvanized Metal Foil and then fussy cut that out.  I stamped the wagon wheel onto a piece of Whisper White using Gray Granite ink and then fussy cut that out.  Assembly was easy and then, finally, I stamped the "Happy Birthday" onto a piece of Whisper White with black Memento ink, cut it out using my stitched rectangle die and cut a matte of Basic Black to put behind it.

I love the way it turned out, don't you?

I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges:


Get Creative Challenge #82 - Anything Goes with optional twist Monochromatic

Use Your Stuff Challenge #367 - Masculine

Sisterhood of Crafters - Birthday


2 comments:

  1. What a great masculine card! I really love the details and colors. Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work. Thank you for joying us over on the Get Creative Challenger Blog. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.