Wednesday 24 July 2019

WWC231 - Tristan's "All About Occasions" Challenge

Consider this my contribution to Christmas in July.  I just received this stamp set and am dying to use it.  I love the four-step camel in this lovely Gina Marie set, don't you?  It seems so real, it's almost like a sepia photograph.  And the sentiment?  Perfect!


I began with a base of Heavy Very Vanilla followed by a layer of Early Espresso.  I stamped the camel on a piece of Sahara Sand, layering first some Sahara Sand ink, then some Crumb Cake ink, next some Grey Granite ink and finally some Soft Suede ink.  The finished image turned out even better than I had hoped.

Since I wanted to stamp the town of Bethlehem behind the camel, I stamped another single image of the camel onto a piece of copy paper, fussy cut it out and used it to mask the completed camel image and thus protect it.  The stamp of Bethlehem is Stampin' Up's Night In Bethlehem, stamped using Early Espresso ink while the star is from the retired Star of Light set, heat embossed using Gold Embossing Powder.

For the sentiment I cut a piece of Sahara Sand and stamped it using Early Espresso.  After adding a matte of Early Espresso, I added it to the left of the card.


I love the way it turned out, don't you?

I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges:


The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #52 - Anything Christmas

Cute N Crafty Challenge #29 - Christmas in July

Crimbo Crackers Challenge #189 - Anything Christmas Goes

Crafting by Designs - Get Ready for Christmas

Addicted to Stamps & More #351 - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Wow Heidi, your camel looks so real I can almost touch it. I love the monochrome feel and that pop of gold draws your eye to the star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has come together beautifully! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ TH&TI

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very glad you joined us this week at Crafting By Designs. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. :)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Crafting By Designs Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Christmas card, reminding us of the meaning of Christmas. I love the elements you chose for this card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.