Wednesday 5 June 2019

WWC224 - Karen's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge

We're having an "anything goes" challenge with a feminine twist, hosted by Karen, at the Watercooler and I'm absolutely thrilled about it.   Why?  Well I just received an order from Altenew and anyone who knows that company, knows they make some awesome floral stamps.  And floral is perfect for a pretty, feminine card.


This pretty Dotted Blooms set comes with matching dies but for my card I decided I just wanted to do my stamping on the one piece of Mixed Media paper.  I love the lines of this image and wanted to try the "no-line" colouring for the blossoms.  I think they turned out rather nicely, don't you?  You can just see the crystal Nuvo drops on the petals, resembling the morning dew.

I added some blue around the image and then stencilled in a faint brick background.  I really didn't want to add much since I wanted the branch and blossoms to take centre stage.


I used the Heavy Whisper White as my base and then added a layer of Poppy Parade, lifted up with Foam Adhesive Strips.  Then I added a partial layer of Soft Suede for interest.  The sentiment is one of my favourites, from the Stampin' Up! Colorful Seasons stamp set.  I'm so glad that set carried over into the new catalogue.

I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges:


Lemon Shortbread Challenge #95 - Anything Goes

Crafting From the Heart Challenge #244 - Anything Goes

Double D Challenges:  Rose Garden

Crafty Creations Challenges #391:  Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Beautifully created and love the softness of your stenciling! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a beautiful CAS design and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Rose Garden’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring on your blossoms and great background. Thanks for sharing with usat Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card and love your no line colouring of the pretty blossom x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty, and the no-line colouring gives it a very delicate, floaty feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and the coral color is stunning. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. Love your colour choices and great layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.