Wednesday 26 June 2019

WWC227 - Michelle's "All About Occasions" Challenge

Winner

Design Team's Choice at the Creative Moments Challenge

Oh, I love these "All About Occasions" Challenges, don't you?  Michelle is our host this week and I am itching to create another card using those gorgeous birds from the Free As A Bird set.


I got my inspiration for the colouring from this fun bird sculpture beside the card.  The bonus is that the birds on the card appear to be looking over at him, playing his cello.  For this card I used the long image stamp with the four birds and only stamped three of them on the branch near the top left of the card and then stamped the remaining one on the branch near the bottom right of the card.  

I used my ink pads and Aqua Painter to colour in the images.  Then I ran the piece through the Big Shot using the Subtles Dynamic Embossing Folder to give it a Linen look.  I love the results, don't you?  Once I attached it to a base of Balmy Blue and added three tiny Artisan Pearls from the retired Share What You Love embellishments, my card was finished.


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges:






11 comments:

  1. A great idea to stamp the image that way and get so much extra mileage from it and your card is beautiful. But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your little birdie with the cello - what a fantastically whimsical figure! Excellent.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, What a beautiful card! Yes, they are looking at the sculpture and saying "Hello". It is a very clean and simple card, but says a lot. I love this stamp set too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Heidi. Love how you got your colour choices form your statue and split that main stamp image over the 2 sides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty.The colouring is perfect.Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colouring of those birds Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cute CAS card and wow this photo is just perfect -that bird figure is the perfect companion for the birds in your card! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of those adorable little birds looking and listening to the 'Cello' x. Super cute card and ever so pretty x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, the birds are beautifully coloured and I love the added texture, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Stunning project!
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments. Hope to see you again.
    💝 from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.