Wednesday 19 June 2019

WWC226 - Dawn's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge

Wonderful timing!  I needed a Father's Day card and we're having a masculine challenge.  What could be better?  I had such fun mixing the Let It Ride and A Good Man stamp sets.  They compliment each other so well, don't they?  Then I threw in some die-cut rope from the Smooth Sailing dies and a sentiment from an old, retired Project Life set, and the card just about made itself.

I used a base of Crumb Cake followed by a layer of the retired (but still loved) Wood Textures Designer Series paper.  I cut the Whisper White piece with the images smaller than usual so that I would have room to attach the die-cut rope.  I stamped the horses and trees from the Let it Ride set rather high on the paper to allow enough distance to make the sizing between the father and son and the horses more believable.   Then, for some grassy and ground texture, I used the water image from the High Tide stamp set, stamping it with Crumb Cake ink.  I think it worked well, don't you?

With a bit of watercolouring and the use of several colours of my Stampin' Blends, I brought the scene to life.  And if you're wondering, yes, I did stamp the father and son separately and then fussy cut them out.


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges:


Try It On Tuesday Challenge - It's A Man's World

Unicorn Challenge #44 - For the Men/Boys

Tales From the Craft Room Challenge #5 - Let's Hear it for the Boys

Addicted to Stamps and More #346 - Anything Goes

Crafty Creations Challenge #392 - Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. Very nice card! Such a fun one! Good work! Thanks for joining us at CraftyCreationsChallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful Father's Day card to remember beautiful time!
    Wish you a happy day! Rike

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, what a lot of stamp sets and putting together, but it was worth it ;-) You made a fab card, absolutely perfect for Father's Day AND for your Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Great choice of images that all work perfectly together. Love the idea of using a water texture stamp to create grass - I've been known to do that, too :-)
    So pleased you played along with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created a lovely scene on your card Heidi. Love that Good Man stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful country scene, it does look a day to remember.
    Thank you for joining our theme at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Heidi, I love those horses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You created a wonderful scene on your card by using the different stamps sets and the colours look great.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday,
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scene reminds me of my OH with our Grandson.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great scene, fab bright clothing and I do like your ropey frame! Thank you for coming by my blog too! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.