Wednesday 12 June 2019

WWC225 - Donna's "All About Occasions" Challenge

I had fun making not just one, but three cards, for Donna's "All About Occasions" Challenge.  Why, you ask?  Well, I chose not to buy the Good Morning Magnolia bundle because I already have a lot of floral stamps.  Instead, I bought the Magnolia Lane Memories & More Card Pack.  It has gorgeous images as well as several beautiful pieces of stamped vellum.  And, oh, what wonderful cards can be made from this pack!


Aren't they lovely?  Both the top and bottom left cards are the conventional 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" size.  The one on the right is actually oversized, measuring 6 1/4" x 4 1/4".  The reason for that is the special Magnolia Lane Memories & More Large Specialty Cards and Envelopes.  You can't see the pretty white foil accent lines on the folded card because I've used a full sized Memories & More card on it (6" x 4").  I love the way it looks as the base, however, because the Kraft colour really compliments the colours in the pieces I've used.


For the card on the top left, I've also used a 6" x 4" Memories & More card but trimmed down to 5 1/4" x 4".  That way it fit beautifully on the Mossy Meadow base, leaving an edge of the pretty, deep green.  In this case the Memories & More card was simply outlined, as if it had just been stamped.  So I took my Petal Pink, Mossy Meadow, Crushed Curry, and Sahara Sand stamp pads and proceeded to add colour with my AquaPainter.   I love the way it turned out.  The centre has a rectangle of Mossy Meadow and a sentiment cut from a smaller Memories & More card using one of the Stitched Nested Label dies.  Three Petal Pink self-adhesive sequins and a sticker complete the card.


The card on the bottom left has a Heavy Whisper White base.  I decided to use one of the smaller Memories & More cards for this one.  After embossing the image using the Subtle 3-D embossing folder to give it a "linen" effect, I used a narrow matte of Early Espresso and a wider matte of Petal Pink.  I set the matted image off to the side for effect.  I also used one of the pre-stamped sentiments in the pack, with a narrow matte of Whisper White and a wider matte of Early Espresso.


All three cards were fun to create and, if you're not sure you want the entire suite or even the stamp/die bundle, this is a great way to enjoy the images at a much lower cost.

I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges:


Lemon Shortbread Challenge #95 - Anything Goes

Crafting From the Heart Challenge #245 - Anything Goes

Make My Monday Challenge #98 - Lots of Flowers

Crafty Creations Challenges #392 - Anything Goes

Creative Moments Challenge #170 - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Heidi!!! Love the magnolias a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all beautiful Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards Heidi. I have that pack and now am insipired with how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work, thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely set of cards. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE the pretty papers you used!!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.