Wednesday 29 May 2019

WWC223 - Anything Goes Challenge

Hurrah!  It's a real "anything goes" challenge this week and there are no twists, guides or restrictions.  How perfect since I had a graduation card on my schedule with some pretty special images, colours and folds.


While this doesn't look like a conventional graduation card, I fell in love with this sentiment.  Of course that wonderful Come Sail Away Designer Series paper I've used as my background pulls everything together.  How wonderful that the blue in the paper is the blue of the school's colours.  Could anything have worked out more perfectly?  Now I know that the super-wide Jute ribbon (sadly retired) looks as if it's only decorative in this photo.  But there is more to this card than first meets the eye.

Et voila!


As you can see, the ribbon, which is adhered to a piece of Soft Suede cardstock, is, in fact, the "belly band" which holds the rather thick card together.  For the inside of this awesome graduation pop-up twist surprise card, I've also used the Come Sail Away Designer Series paper, although this one is much brighter and lighter so that the large numbers, cut from Pacific Point cardstock, would be the focal point.  The sentiment and sailboat image are both from the stunning new Come Sail Away Suite and I can see many more cards designed using the various images in my future.


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges:


Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge #220 - Beside the Seaside

Always Fun Challenges #112 - Graduation

Creative Moments Challenge #169 - Anything Goes

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #192 - Fancy Folds

7 comments:

  1. A surprise card inside, Heidi! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outside sentiment and the inside surprise great design!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Always Fun Challenge Blog!!!

    Waleska Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing!! I love the stamping on the outside and the inside is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! These products are on my list from the new catalogue and I'm looking forward to getting them even more now.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blue tone is gorgeous and how wonderful that it matches the school colors. Love the burlap belly band that hides the explosion inside.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Fun Folds challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that was a fabulous surprise to your amazing card. So creative, love the design and the sentiment is so perfect x.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.