Wednesday 8 May 2019

WWC220 - Kath's "All About Occasions" Challenge

This is the time of year when I begin getting a bit sentimental.  So many of my favourite products are retiring.  It's time for one "last fling" before I get all excited about the new products which will be arriving soon.  Except for the cardstock, I've concentrated on retiring products for this card.


I will admit that retirement doesn't mean that I'll be getting rid of the sweet Fairy Celebration stamp set nor the Jar of Love bundle.  I've used those products many, many times and haven't finished with ideas for them yet.  Doesn't the fairy look adorable all fussy cut and sitting on that glass jar?  I love that she's doing her best to arrange the flowers, even though they seem almost too large for her to handle.

I've combined my images with the gorgeous Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series paper.  The flowers on the right side of the card caught more sunlight and, because they have a special pearlized finish, the colour shifted.  This is a card which is fun to hold and turn in the light because it catches and reflects in so many spots.  The fairy's wings, for example, are beautifully shimmery with their top layer of Wink of Stella.


The flowers which are in the jar and which the fairy is holding are all cut from another piece of that beautiful designer paper.  I don't use a lot of designer paper, but this one certainly appealed to me and has seen quite a bit of use.  I just love all the colours, don't you?


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges:


Addicted to Stamps Challenge #174 - Flowers

Crafting From the Heart Challenge #242 - Always Anything Goes

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #93 - Anything Goes

The Sisterhood of Crafters: It's All About Flowers 

6 comments:

  1. Aw, what a wonderful way to combine these two great stamp sets! The jar was such a cute object for that adorable fairy. Love it! Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet AND adorable!! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just precious Heidi! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Flowers’ challenge. Please come back again soon and Good Luck!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image and card; love the background! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful with this lovely image.
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
    Greetings, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.