Monday 20 October 2014

Chocolate, gold and vellum---oh my!

I love the challenge over at Stampin' Royalty.  The colours are gorgeous:  chocolates, golds, hints of Crisp Cantaloupe.  It's just such a lovely combination.


I knew I wanted to do something with it and just managed to sneak in at the last possible moment.  Thank goodness.  I began with a base of Naturals Ivory and then added a layer of Chocolate Chip.  For my next layer, I took a piece of Very Vanilla and put it through my Big Shot in the Decorative Dots embossing folder.  Then I gently sponged a bit of Crisp Cantaloupe across the dots.

For my wreath I took a piece of Very Vanilla and stamped it first with Baked Brown Sugar, then I used Versamark to heat emboss the next layer of leaves in Gold embossing powder and finally added Chocolate Chip dots before using the matching framelits to cut it out.  

I cut the "Noel" out using the framelit that came with the set and then got to work on some leaves.  I wanted them to be made out of vellum and used the Fun Fall Framelits for that.  After cutting them, I embossed them with the Delicate Designs embossing folder.  After that, I sponged them with a bit of Crumb Cake ink.

My final touch to the card was to add a bow made from the pretty 1/8" Gold Ribbon.


For more cards using this photo inspiration, check out Stampin' Royalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.