Wednesday 19 February 2020

WWC259 - Dawn's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Masculine Twist

Oh my goodness!  We have a masculine challenge at our Watercooler Wednesday and it's perfect timing since it's also my grandson's birthday.  It's a very special birthday since he's entering the TEENS!  So, what kind of card will I make for my awesome almost 13-year-old grandson?  I'll give you a hint.  It has a house-mouse on the front.


The backstory to this is, of course, Xavian's obsession with Chinese fortune cookies.  He has loved them from the first time he was given one.  He likes the cute fortunes but he loves the flavour.

You can see why I bought this stamp, under the circumstances.  What could be more cute than a darling house-mouse surrounded by new and broken fortune cookies?  None of the little papers had any writing on them.  I added that myself.  The one being held up is, again, perfect for our talented showman.

 I invite you to check out the awesome samples by the other Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.



I've linked this card up to the following challenges:

House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #310 - Anything Goes

Make My Monday #116 - Critters

Animal Friends Challenge #83 - Februar Mause

Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge #377 - Make Your Mark

8 comments:

  1. Your card is so sweet
    Thanks for joining us at Animal Friends
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the new teenager. Your card is so cute. What a great message coming out of the fortune cookie. Nice background papers and a great masculine card. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love that you made this very thoughtful card for your grandson! That's what making cards is all about! Thank you for playing with us at Make My Monday Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute! I love what you wrote for the fortune. I know he will love this card. Thanks for joining the House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card! How fun that you added the words to the fortune. Super colorwork too. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable card! A perfect card for your grandson!

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work in our ATSM challenge & we hope you will join us again in the next ATSM Challenge!.

    Anna – Design Team member at Addicted to Stamps and More

    Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
    You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cool card for your grandson, and very creative with your message! SO glad you shared with us at House Mouse & Friends, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ein wundervolles Werk.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.