Wednesday 12 February 2020

WWC 258 - Marsha's Challenge: All About Occasions

Friday is Valentine's Day so I had to create a card for that occasion.  Don't we all still give Valentines to our special someone(s)?


I've had this adorable Penny Black stamp set called Piece of My Heart for several years and love all the sweet images.  This year I decided to use these little hedgehogs which give the stamp set its name.   The real fun was in the colouring.  I used my coloured Derwent pencils along with Gamsol to blend the colours.  I love the results, don't you?

That lovely, lacy oval die-cut is another of my Gina Marie dies.  To finish up, I used another die to cut a bunch of tiny white hearts and adhered them to the top right and bottom left of the card, along with a few tiny silver heart sequins.

 I invite you to check out the awesome samples by the other Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.



I've linked this card up to the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #113 - Always Anything Goes

Always Fun Challenge #149 - "Love/Valentine Day"

Crafting Happiness Challenge #38 - Anything Goes

Penny Black and More: February 2020 - Animals, Birds and Butterflies

Penny Black Saturday Challenge February - Anything Goes or Love is in the Air

7 comments:

  1. This is the most darling valentine! Love the heart puzzle pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such adorable little hedgies Heidi. Lovely colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really delightful card using the sweet PB image, perfect for Valentines Day, many thanks for joining in with our 'Animals, Birds and Butterflies' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww what a cute image. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Crafting Happiness Challenges! Be sure to click LIKE on the other entries you like - and yes, you can like more than one and your own as well. The entry with the most likes will be highlighted in next week's challenge post. Feel free to link up as often as you'd like! Would love to see more of your creativity.
    Hugs! Janis
    Crafting Happiness Challenges, Founder
    Pause Dream Enjoy, Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card, Heidi! PB images are just so wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and pretty card!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card, and an adorable image. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge. Good Luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.