Tuesday 11 February 2020

Brads and/or Eyelets at Cardz 4 Guyz

The new challenge for the next two weeks at Cardz 4 Guys is #238 - Brads and/or Eyelets, chosen and hosted by Jane.


Please check out the blog for details and also to see the wonderful samples by the Design Team.

I love this sunburst die from the Gina Marie collection!  I knew I wanted to use it to showcase one of the gorgeous horses from the Inkadinkado "Horses" stamp set for this challenge.  My idea was to attach the die-cut circle to the card using some tiny brads which I had bought years ago.  Of course, that meant finding the silly things.  I almost gave up on them but then suddenly found them hiding in my Washi Tape drawer rather than the Brad and Button drawer in which I had been so sure I had stored them.  You would almost think they didn't want to be used.

I kept the card simple to show off the brads.  Onto a base of Early Espresso cardstock, I glued and then secured with a brad, the lovely sunburst die-cut (cut from a piece of retired Kraft paper).  After stamping the horse image, I used a stitched circle die to cut it out and then coloured it using my Stampin' Blends.  After that I glued it to the centre of the sunburst and began poking holes where each ray met the circle.  Then I added a tiny mini brad to each hole.  I love the effect, don't you?

I hope you enjoy my card as much as I enjoyed creating it.  Have fun with our challenge!

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:


Crafty Calendar February Challenge - Use Die-Cuts/Punches

Happy Little Stampers February - Anything Goes With Dies


1 comment:

  1. beautiful clean lines and a great image in the centre of the diecut thank you for joining in at Crafty Calendar

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.