Wednesday 18 December 2019

WWC252 - Marsha's Special 3-Week "Anything Goes" Challenge

It's almost Christmas!  As a special gift to ourselves, we're taking a bit of time off and so have made this challenge a special 3-week challenge.  As a result, I've created a "twofer" for this challenge.  What's a twofer?  Well, you take a stamp set or dies and create complimentary projects.  Et voila!  A twofer.

 

My gorgeous daughter was a competitive figure-skater until she graduated from High School.  With that in mind and combining Stampin' Up!'s Free Skate bundle with one of the images from the Born to Shine stamp set, I set about creating this card and gift tag.

I began by sponging over my Silver Foil with Pacific Point ink.  Being foil, it did not saturate the paper, but after drying overnight and then rubbing the excess ink off with a soft cloth, I could see the soft blue colouring which reminded me of the ice on which my daughter skated.

I stamped the image of the dancer and added skates to her feet with my Journalling Pen.  Then I carefully fussy cut the adjusted image before colouring it using my Stampin' Blends.


For the holly garland, I used the die in the bundle, cutting it twice from Call Me Clover cardstock.  Then I proceeded to add a bit of Call Me Clover ink to the holly leaves using my Stampin' Blends, before crumpling it into a tight ball and then carefully pulling it into a long garland again.  I added the garland, one on top of the other, diagonally across the foil and then added berries with dots of Red Liquid Pearls.


I love the way my lovely skater appears to be doing some fancy ice work on her toe-picks, don't you?  I decided to have the skate from the bundle set diagonally across from my skater.  The detailing on the image is so beautiful.  For a person who was immersed in the sport for years and wound up cleaning and polishing skates thousands of times, it brings back some wonderful memories.


I love that the sentiments in this bundle lend themselves so perfectly to the card which I created.  The inside is simple but reflects the front.

For my tag I decided to use the fancy die version of the skate.  After cutting it out from a piece of Whisper White, I placed it over a matte of Lovely Lipstick.  This cherry red is repeated both in the tag and in the card.  I've also used the Call Me Clover for the holly image which I stamped, coloured and cut with the corresponding die.


I laced the skate using the retired Candy Lane Baker's twine.  I love the thin red foil running through the white cotton, don't you?  Finally, since I simply couldn't find a sentiment which appealed, I decided to write it myself using a Signo Pigment Ink white pen.  A perfect complement to the card, don't you agree?


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges: 


Lemon Shortbread Challenge #109 - Anything Goes

Jingle Belles:  Taking Back Our 9th Christmas

The Card Concept #HOL19 - Favourite card  (I chose this one because it brings back memories of        my daughter skating in competitions.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! Both cards are so very beautiful! I love the figure skater dancing along the line of holly on the first one and the beautiful swirly overlay on the skate on the other. Thanks for linking to The Card Concept this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us at challenge Lemon Shortbread
    DT Maria

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.